Job Posting Notice
Job Title: Associate Engineer- DOT
- Location: Plant 2
- Supervisor: Jake Siudyla
- Date Posted: Wednesday June 16, 2019
- Closing Date: Wednesday June 26, 2019
Purpose: Responsible for producing Engineering documentation, computation and support for assigned job orders which are part of the company’s tank production, including ASME, DOT, UL, TC and non-code pressure/vacuum tanks. This employee will report to the Engineering Division Manager. This position is full-time and is exempt under FLSA.
Must meet the following requirements:
- Complies with all rules and regulations of Mid-State Tank’s and actively contributes to workplace safety.
- Experience in the tank building process.
- Knowledge of quality standards for tank welding, plasma cutting, grinding, buffing.
- Ability to read blue prints and thorough working knowledge of tank bill of materials.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback following quality standards.
- Ability to communicate and demonstrate to other’s the skills necessary to meet quality standards.
- Knowledge of Aluminum preferred.
- Ability to climb in and out of tanks.
- Interacts in a positive and cooperative manner in all dealings with co-workers and management.
- Actively participates in training; stays current and in compliance with required annual safety training.
- Supports manufacturing improvement programs and initiatives. Offers and helps implement improvement suggestions.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe working environment; wears and utilizes all PPE required for each job.
- Follows standard work and work instructions.
- Displays a high degree of attention to detail.
- Displays appropriate sense of urgency in communicating concerns (safety, quality, etc.).
- Cross-trains in order to perform all tasks in job rotation including working in plant 2.
- Works overtime, including weekends as required.
- Time off work is dependent on availability with other inspectors.
Required but not limited to:
- Works with the Engineering Division Manager and Sales Management in coordinating the design of new tanks in order to meet customer expectations and design integrity.
- Prepares Production Drawings, Bills of Material, CNC Cut Sheets and Labor Hours for tank Job Orders.
- Prepares tank design calculations for pressure vacuum and Code tank compliance as required.
- Assists Production as needed to assure tank compliance with the Engineering design.
- Occasionally consults with customers on tank design and prepares approval drawings.
- Attends industry trade shows as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications Required (Education and Experience)
- Applicable Engineering Degree and 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Professional Engineer License or eligibility is preferred.
- Experience with DOT/ASME tank construction is also preferred.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of design and manufacturing practice.
- Knowledge of ASME welding standards and procedures is preferred.
- High level of proficiency and accuracy with AutoCAD software.
If interested, please Apply Online or email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org